You can find many varieties of steak in Japan. At Japanese-style steakhouses we eat with chopsticks, so when the meal comes, the beef is already cut into bite sizes! Miso is delicious with beef, so please give it a shot when you want to try something different.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 steaks
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp miso paste mixed with 2 tbsp water
- Salt & pepper
- Tenderize steak and sprinkle salt and pepper both sides
- Heat oil in a frying pan and cook steak for 2 minutes on each side
- Transfer steak to a cutting board and cut into bite sizes
- Add butter to the pan, add miso/water mixture, and stir for 30 seconds
- Return the steak to the pan and cook for 30-60 seconds (skip if you like your steak rare)
- Serve with the miso sauce, and enjoy!