This is the best way to eat soba in the sweltering summer heat. Grated radish makes you feel so refreshed when it is hot. I recommend making it for a light snack.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 2 bundles of soba noodles
- 1/2 cup grated radish (daikon)
- 1/4 cup of green onion
- 1 tsp hon-dashi (soup stock powder)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup mirin
- Mix spices and one cup of water and boil, remove from heat and cool
- Boil Soba noodles for 8 minutes, rinse with cold water and strain.
(Each type of soba has different boil time, so please follow the instructions on the package)
- Put the noodle in the bowl, add some ice, sprinkle radish on the soba, then pour in the sauce