This is one of my favorite pasta recipes. The garlic and bacon mingle well together, and the cabbage gives it a satisfying texture. This is a great meal to make on a budget, but essentially it’s just a fancy bacon delivery system!
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cabbage (cut into 1″ squares)
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 lb (ish) pasta
- 1 tsp garlic (ground)
- Boil pasta al dente
- Mix spices in a small bowl (soy sauce, mirin, garlic and sesame oil)
- Trim fat from bacon and chop
- Heat frying pan and cook bacon until it is mouth wateringly crispy
- Sop up the grease in the pan with a paper towel then add cabbage and cook for 2 minutes
- Add pasta, mixed spices, and stir
- Remove from heat, sprinkle salt and pepper, and serve!