Pizza is a popular food to order in Japan, but we have some original recipes as well. This recipe is for a teriyaki chicken pizza. Perhaps it’s very different than the pizza that you may be used to, but it’s unique and tastes great!!
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup bread flour
- 3g dry yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp warm water
- 1/2 lb thigh chicken (sliced)
- 4 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup green onion (chopped)
- Seaweed (chopped, optional)
- Mix bread flour, dry yeast, salt, sugar, & olive oil in a bowl. Slowly add warm water and mix. Knead dough by hand.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and roll out the dough into a circle with a rolling pin (continue to add flour to keep it from sticking to your hands and rolling pin)
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and grill chicken for 3 minutes over hight heat. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Add soy sauce, mirin, sake, sugar, and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Spread mayonnaise on the dough, then add teriyaki chicken, mushrooms, and cheese.
- Put pizza in the oven for 15 minutes at 430 degrees F.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with green onion and seaweed, and serve!!