This is a quick recipe to make, and is great for cold weather, paired with a Sapporo or even some sake for a comfortable night at home.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 pound thigh chicken (chopped)
- 6-8 shitake mushrooms (quartered)
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 bunch of broccoli (chopped)
- Mix spices (soy sauce, mirin, sugar, sake) and 1/2 cup water in a small bowl
- Heat oil in a saucepan
- Add chicken to the saucepan and sauté for 2 minutes
- Add carrot and sauté for 3 minutes
- Add shitake and broccoli and stir
- Add mixed spices and boil for 10-15 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until liquid is nearly evaporated.