Chicken is low in calories so it’s very good if you’re on a diet. Also, vinegar is a great antidote for fatigue, so this recipe is a perfect cool, summer appetizer.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 4 cucumbers (julienne-cut)
- 2 celery sticks (julienne-cut)
- 1 carrot (julienne-cut)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ground sesame
- 2 tbsp sake (for chicken)
- Separate the stringy, white tendon from the chicken fillets
- Combine the chicken and sake in a small microwave-safe container and cover with plastic wrap
- Microwave chicken for 2 minutes then remove and pull apart
- Mix spices (soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and sesame) in a small bowl
- Pat cucumber dry with a paper towel, then add it and the rest of the vegetables to the separated chicken. Add spices and mix well.
- Cool the salad in your refrigerator then serve and enjoy!