This recipe takes a long time to make it but it is really tasty and the meat is so tender you don’t even need a knife!
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 3 hours
- 1 pound pork belly
- 2 boiled eggs
- 1/2 daikon (sliced)
- 1 green onion (cut into 1″ pieces)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sake
- Cut the pork into 1″ strips and sauté until both sides are browned
- Place the pork in a sauce pan, add 2 cups of water and green onion, and boil for 30 minutes on low heat
- Remove pork and add 2 more cups of water, sugar, sake, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, wait for the mixture to boil, then reintroduce the pork, and add daikon, boiled eggs, and cover, simmering for 2 hours on low. Stir occasionally.
- Serve pork, daikon, and eggs in a bowl with sauce from the pan