This is another mentaiko recipe! Mentaiko is seasoned cod fish eggs. It may be hard to find where you live, but some Japanese supermarkets sell them frozen. Many izakaya (Japanese drinking establishments) serve this type of potato salad. It’s easy and delicious!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 20 minutes
- 4 potatoes
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 1 Japanese cucumber (1/4 lb)
- 2 mentaiko
- 2 tbsp Japanese mayonnaise, such as Kewpie
- 1 tsp vinegar
- dash salt and pepper
- Boil potatoes until they get soft for mashing. Remove skin and mash
- Put sliced onion in cold water and leave for 5 mins then strain
- Remove mentaiko from skin
- After potatoes cool, sprinkle salt and pepper, then add mentaiko and mix.
- Add sliced onion, thinly sliced cucumber, mayo, and vinegar