Satsuma age is a fried fish cake from Kagoshima, Japan. Please try it if you’re ever here! There are many kinds of satsuma age available, so if you have a chance, try a few and pick your favorite!. My grandfather is from Kyuushu and he recently brought us a fresh batch. It was delicious!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 30 minutes
- Yaki tofu (gliled tofu) 3/4 lb (cut 3 inch cube)
- Boiled bamboo 4oz (cut into bite sizes)
- 4 satsuma age (1 pound, cut 2-3″ pieces) You can use any kind. For this recipe I used iwashi (sardine) and shishamo
- Put everything in a sauce pan and heat for 20 minutes on low
- Add some salt if you want a richer taste