This recipe is gyoza (dumplings) in chicken soup. Boiled gyoza is very common in Japan. Sometimes we add dumplings in nabe (hot pot). You can use many kinds of vegetables in this recipe, and feel free to use frozen or prepared gyoza.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 20 minutes (not including time to make gyoza)
- 20 gyoza (frozen or hand made)
- 1/3 lb spinach (chopped into 1.5″ pieces)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/5 lb carrot (cut into small rectangles)
- 2 bok choy (chopped into 1.5″ pieces)
- Mix all spices in a bowl (chicken bouillon powder, soy sauce, sake, salt, sesame oil).
- Add 4 cup of water and carrots in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add mixed spices and stir
- Add gyoza and vegetables, then cover with lid and cook for 7 minutes over high heat