Miso and butter are a fantastic combination. This is a delightful, wonderfully rich, tasty soup that is a snap to make and tastes a lot like miso ramen.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- Udon for 2 (I used frozen but you can use frozen or fresh as well)
- 1/4 lb pork (sliced-about 1/8″)
- 1/4 green onion (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp garlic (ground)
- Pour hot water on frozen udon to defrost
- Put mixed spices and 2 1/2 cup of water in a bowl (miso, soy sauce, sake, chicken bouillon soup, garlic and, optionally, sesame)
- Heat oil in a sauce pan and cook pork for one minute, then add butter.
- When the butter is almost melted, add mixed soup, and bring to a boil
- Add udon (water will stop boiling). Bring it to a boil again, then remove from heat
- Divide udon into two bowls, add soup, then sprinkle green onion on top