Miso soup is called “misoshiru” in Japanese. It is a traditional Japanese soup in which we use dashi for the base, then mix with miso paste. There are many kinds of miso soup: tofu, daikon, potato, shell, club, pork, etc…. Each Japanese family has is its own brand of miso soup, which we refer to as “Mother’s Taste”.
Yield: 2 servings
Time: 10 minutes
- 1/4 lb eggplant (chopped into bite sizes)
- 1/8 cup of green onion
- 1 tsp hon-dashi (soup stock powder)
- 3 tsp miso paste
- Boil 2 cups of water then add dashi.
- Add egg plant and boil for 5 min over medium heat then add miso and stir
- Remove from heat, add green onion, and serve in a small bowl