The Japanese people love corn soup. Almost every family style restaurant serves corn soup and many varieties can be found in grocery stores. Corn soup dispensers can even be found in our internet cafes next to the coffee and soft drinks!
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 1 can of corn (15.25 oz)
- 1/2 yellow onion (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 2 cubes of Maggi Vegetable Bouillon
- Partially melt butter in a saucepan, then saute onion for 5 minutes (until soft)
- Add corn and stir for a minute or so
- Add milk and heat on medium-low until hot but not boiling
- Crumble vegetable bullion cubes into the soup and stir
- Remove from heat and transfer to blender
- Blend until smooth
- Return to saucepan, heat, then garnish with parsley and serve.