Kyuuri is the Japanese word for cucumber, and goma is sesame. Japanese cucumbers are much thin and shorter than American cucumbers, and the taste little different, but you can use either. If you do not like skin or seeds, please remove them before adding salt.
Yield: 4 servings
Time: 15 minutes
- 3/4 lb cucumber (cut into 1/4″ slices)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (ground)
- Massage salt into cucumber slices and chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and drain water from the bowl
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce and sesame seeds, mix and put it back the fridge for 3 minutes, or until you are ready to eat