For those of you who do not have a rice maker, this recipe will show you have how to make Japanese steamed rice in a saucepan.
Yield: 4 small bowls of rice
Time: 25 minutes
Ingredients (regular rice)
- 2 cups japanese rice
- 2 1/2cup water
Ingredients (sushi rice)
- 2 cups japanese rice (very important for sushi rice!)
- 2 1/4cup water
- Wash rice thoroughly, until the water is clear
- Put rice in a saucepan pan, add water, cover with lid (do not remove the cover while it’s cooking, ever) and boil over high heat
- After the rice begins to boil (you can tell if the cover is jiggling) turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Without removing the cover, turn off the heat and let the rice steam for 10 minutes
- That’s it! If you’re making sushi rice, head on over to my sushi recipe and follow the directions to complete the rice.